Firm, Fair and Consistent
Enforcing the rules can be a touchy subject for any community association. You want to make sure rules are followed and property values are maintained, while handling enforcement in a manner that won’t alienate your neighbors. The Management Trust works with our clients to establish firm, fair and consistent enforcement of the governing documents.
The key is to clearly communicate the expectation of compliance and the consequences for non-compliance to all residents. The methodology is simple: goals begin behaviors while consequences maintain them. The end result is a harmonious community with protected property values.
Steps to Enforcing Violation Policies
- Violations policies are established at inception to ensure homeowner compliance relating to architectural and use restrictions violations.
- The Management Trust community association managers follow the violations policy efficiently and are responsible the timely distribution of violation and hearing letters, assessment of fines, and file submission to the association’s attorney, when necessary.
- Collection measures are taken following the distribution of the violation and hearing letter, assuming no monies have been received from the delinquent homeowner.
- Processing and filing of liens, and initiation of foreclosure action (if necessary) is then performed by our team.
Enforcement Collection Policies
Board members are educated and given the opportunity to choose a collection method of their preference.
Collection alternatives include:
- Third party collection services
- Small claims court action
- Non-judicial foreclosure
- Payment plan (if submitted by homeowner and approved by the Board)
- Other collection alternatives are available